New to essential oils?
Essential oils, which are obtained through mechanical pressing or distillation, are concentrated plant extracts that retain the natural smell and flavor of their source. Each essential oil has a unique composition of chemicals, and this variation affects the smell, absorption, and effects on the body. The chemical composition of an essential oil may vary within the same plant species, or from plant to plant. As an example of how concentrated essential oils are, 220 pounds of lavender flowers are required to produce approximately one pound of lavender oil. Synthetic oils are not considered true essential oils.
Which essential oils are good for beginners?
1. Lavender essential oil
Lovely Lavender! Probably the first oil that comes to mind when you hear “essential oils,” the fresh, bouquet-like scent of Lavender will elevate your beauty, wellness, and meditation routines.
- Diffuse 3 drops Lavender and 3 drops Orange in the nursery for a precious and peaceful scent.
- Add 4 drops Lavender and 1 cup Epsom salt to a hot bath for a slice of serenity.
- Mix with lotion or aloe vera to soothe skin after a fun day in the sun.
2. Frankincense essential oil
Focused Frankincense! When you need some self-reflection, are searching for a moment of peace, or are looking for a calm companion, the grounding, complex aroma of Frankincense will get the job done.
- Find your center of content by diffusing during prayer or mediation.
- Incorporate into your nighttime skin care routine for a vibrant, even-looking skin tone.
- Dab a drop of Frankincense and Valor onto your wrists for all-day confidence and calm.
3. Cedarwood essential oil
Comfy Cedarwood! With its balmy, rich, and sauna-like scent, Cedarwood has the amazing ability to surround you with peace, treat you to incredible hair and skin, and freshen up your spaces.
- Evict unwanted smells and invite in coziness by diffusing this odor-eliminating oil.
- Mix 3 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Peace & Calming, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Massage mixture into scalp and hair, let sit for 10 minutes, and rinse completely for lustrous locks.
- Make an outdoor furniture spray. Combine 8 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Citrus Fresh, 5 drops Peppermint, and distilled water in an 8-ounce glass spray bottle and spritz your outdoor chairs and loungers.
4. PanAway essential oil blend
Punchy PanAway®! When a day of picking up toys, sitting in an office chair, or running errands makes you feel like you just ran a marathon, rely on the cooling sensation of PanAway and its potential to soothe aching muscles.
- Treat your tired muscles with a quarter-sized amount of V-6™, 2 drops PanAway, and 1 drop Frankincense.
- Rub 1 drop PanAway and a small amount of coconut oil onto your temples for a refreshing restart.
- Soak your feet in warm water, ¼ cup Epsom salt, and 3 drops PanAway for a much-deserved me moment.
5. Raven essential oil blend
Rousing Raven®! As brisk and stimulating as a chilly walk in the woods, Raven exhilarates your senses and aids in deep breathing with its minty essential oils and cool undertones.
- Freshen up stale, musty room by diffusing this crisp essential oil blend.
- Place a few drops on the bottom of your shower and let the steam stimulate your day.
- Add 1 drop each of Raven and Oregano oil to your favorite lotion and give yourself a pre-bedtime foot massage.
6. Thieves essential oil blend
Trusty Thieves®! Who knew that quality essential oils distilled from plant materials would be the most effective cleaning agent and have an incredible scent? We did! Turn to the autumnal aroma of Thieves all year long!
- Diffuse in the kitchen after every meal for a warm and welcoming air freshener.
- Give your carpets a redo. Mix 1 cup baking soda with 5 drops Thieves, sprinkle over carpets, let sit, and then vacuum well.
- Place 2 drops Thieves and 1 drop Raven on a cotton ball and stash it at the bottom of trash cans to fight odor.
7. Stress Away essential oil blend
Simple Stress Away™! With a combination of oils, including Copaiba, Lime, and Cedarwood, the sweet scent of Stress Away delivers on relaxation.
Stress Away uses
- Keep a level head while conquering homework, career projects, and massive to-do lists with this citrusy aroma.
- Combine a dime-sized amount of carrier oil, 3 drops Stress Away, and 1 drop PanAway and then ask your partner for a soothing neck massage.
- Put 8-10 drops directly into bathwater and luxuriate with this sunny scent.
8. Peace & Calming essential oil blend
Protective Peace & Calming®! With a gentle and inspiring blend of Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, and Blue Tansy, the supportive scent of Peace & Calming won’t let you stay down and discouraged for long.
Peace & Calming uses
- Fill your life with good things by diffusing this feels-like-a-hug aroma.
- Place a drop or two in your palm, cup your hands, and breathe in so you can infuse your life with stillness.
- Mix 2 drops of Peace & Calming and Citrus Fresh with an unscented moisturizer to create a DIY lotion you’ll always reach for.
9. Valor essential oil blend
Vivacious Valor®! Just like that best friend who’s always there to pump you up, the brisk scent of Valor is the personal cheerleader you’ve always wanted.
- Create the confidence to complete your dreams with this complex, invigorating aroma.
- Face the day with courage by inhaling directly from the bottle.
- Use as a dynamic and distinct personal fragrance by adding it to a DIY perfume or cologne.
10. Peppermint essential oil
Proficient Peppermint! Maybe the most-beloved, most-used essential oil, Peppermint packs a powerful punch that’s a preferred partner in crime to kids and adults alike.
- Go for a classic scent that everyone loves and diffuse Peppermint and Lavender together.
- Find your chill after a killer workout. Wet a cloth with cold water, add 1 drop each of Peppermint and Raven, and rub over skin for a cooling sensation.
- Take care of tired muscles with Peppermint and V-6 after a hike, run, or gym class.
Wow! With so many incredible benefits from these 10 life-enhancing oils, it can be tough to know which ones to pick.